So as I'm lying on the sofa, watching TV and snuggling with Edward as we do each day so that he'll nap, on the screen flashes a Special Report from outside the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge has been in labor all morning.
He's here!
She's "safely delivered of a baby boy." And then the fanfare begins. The well-dressed secretary emerges from the hospital to the crowd cheering. He delivers the announcement to the waiting car, who then delivers it to Buckingham Palace where they will formally post it on the closely watched guilded easel outside the palace. Meanwhile, a "town-crier" dressed in a crazy feathered getup reads a proclamation announcing the birth of the new prince outside of the hospital. The crowd is cheering wildly!
He's here!
She's "safely delivered of a baby boy." And then the fanfare begins. The well-dressed secretary emerges from the hospital to the crowd cheering. He delivers the announcement to the waiting car, who then delivers it to Buckingham Palace where they will formally post it on the closely watched guilded easel outside the palace. Meanwhile, a "town-crier" dressed in a crazy feathered getup reads a proclamation announcing the birth of the new prince outside of the hospital. The crowd is cheering wildly!
And suddenly I'm crying.
A lot.
Yes, I'm pregnant and much more emotional, but it's more than that. As I lie there with my sweet boy on my chest and another cozy in my belly, I imagine what Kate must be feeling. I remember exactly that moment when I locked eyes with Edward. That feeling of pure blissful joy that is so overwhelming and indescribable one can only experience it to truly appreciate it's enormity. The energy, as powerful as it is in the streets of London right now. And watching all of the pomp and circumstance reminded me how beautiful and happy and awesome the birth of a child is.
I'm emotional because I suddenly realize, it's going to be ok. Not just ok. Amazing. If you could bottle up the energy and excitement around the world for the royal baby and then multiply it by 100 then maybe it would come close to what it feels like to meet your child for the first time. And I'm so excited and ready for that I can hardly wait.
More pictures of Edward's First Month
More pictures of Edward's First Month

No comments:
Post a Comment