Monday, February 4, 2013

Pregnancy Post: I'm Pregnant!

{this post was written back in December 2012} 

So I can't wait any longer, I have to take a test.  I don't even know why I bother taking one because I know I am pregnant.  But I pretty much know I'm pregnant every month so I should probably get confirmation.  (But really, I really know this time)

Sure enough ...



Ahhh! Finally! Relief and joy flood over me. 

Earlier today, the Royal Palace announced that The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant.  I know, right?  I thought the same thing: Kate and I can be preggies together! Our kids will be besties or betrothed.  Perfect!

I immediately tell Edward that he is going to be a big brother.  He responds, "watch Elf big TV?" He has no clue what's about to happen.  I have no doubt he's going to be the best big brother.  He's so sweet and concerned, and I know he will love having a sibling.  He's so loving to my friend's babies and even talks to them in a special soft voice.  He's instinctively gentle. 

So now to tell Kip.  The problem is, it's 11:15 a.m. and Kip is in St. Louis.  He won't be back until late tonight.  With Edward, I was so excited and in shock, I called him up at work to tell him.  He basically lost the rest of the day so I wasn't going to do that to him again.

I thought about a Big Brother shirt for Edward, but I can't guarantee that Edward will be awake when Kip gets home.  I end up writing a letter to Kip from Edward on the chalkboard.




My plan: when Kip gets home tonight, tell him that Edward drew him a picture on the chalkboard in the basement and he needs to see it right away.

Ok, good plan.  Now I wait.

And wait.

What?  It's only 2:30?

In the meantime, I've lost the pregnancy test I took this morning.  I hid it so that I could later present it to Kip in confirmation (sometimes men don't actually grasp that you're pregnant until you are showing).  But somewhere in my excitement, I forgot to pay attention to where I hid it.  My friend told me she did this when she was pregnant and guess where she found it? In her son's hand, waving it around like a magic wand, while riding around in the shopping cart at Target.  Oops!

It's 5:30 and Kip calls me to tell me his Garmin has him getting in at 8:10 pm.  Really? REALLY? I'm seriously about to post that I'm pregnant on Facebook just so I can celebrate with somebody.  But I resist. 

Finally, 8:13 Kip walks in the door still a father of one. 

Edward is awake (barely) and I tell Kip that  Edward wants to show him a picture he drew in the basement.






I mean, is he not the cutest dad in the world? I think I loved him more in that moment than I ever have. We're a team. He's genuinely so excited.  He's been wanting this for awhile.  I'm lucky.  It is a great day for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment