Yesterday, we announced the news that we are expecting Baby #2 (to be known as Little Robertson for the duration of the pregnancy) with great fan fare on Facebook and on Beclaire House. Most of our close friends and family already knew (we'll get to that in another post), but I wanted to wait until the appropriate 12 week mark to actually announce it on the blog and to friends we hadn't seen in awhile.
I had the post ready to go, but I wanted to make sure I heard the heartbeat. Well, here comes the big freakout because when the nurse got out the little doppler heartbeat listening device she couldn't find it. I could, however, hear my own heartbeat start to race. For that moment, I felt the terror and anxiety I've heard so many go through before. As we waited for the ultrasound technician, I felt like my world was about to come crashing down. I am already invested in this child. I was able to tap in to that deep, soul-binding love earlier with this baby because I had been through it with Edward. I think it's actually easier to open up your heart to your second child because you know how much you're going to love it, something you can't truly comprehend until you actually meet your first child.
But thank the Lord, all was ok in the end. The technician found a good strong heart beat and we got to take another glimpse at the baby who was apparently stretched out and relaxed. I'm picturing the baby in a hammock with a straw hat and a margarita listening to Bob Marley. Obviously, this baby just wanted its picture taken again and is vying for Edward's spot as Most Photographed Child in the Universe. Let the sibling rivalry begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment