A year ago, my world got brighter. You came into the world quiet, but wide-eyed. I didn't worry that you weren't screaming. You seemed to be checking everything out. You seemed thoughtful about this new world you just entered. I saw a curious and confident little boy in your first moments as a tiny little breathing person. I remember you glanced at me like, "oh hey mom" and then had to check out everyone else. At first, I worried that you didn't know me or weren't interested in me. But now I realize, you already knew me. You already felt safe with me.
You've spent a great deal of the past year perched on my hip watching the world. You seem to understand how things work in a way that suggests you've been around a lot longer than a year. I just have a hard time believing you're only 1 sometimes! It's also hard to believe you're already 1. It flew by! You were such an easy baby. And you are proving to me a very easy child (as long as I stay in shape).
You say Mama and Dada and love to clap your hands. You squeal with delight at anything your brother does, even when he's yelling at you for bothering him. You only get upset when the fun stops. Everything else makes you happy. You are filled with joy and happiness and your smile is infectious. I love to watch you watch the world. I can tell you are going to be a great thinker and probably a bit of a risk taker. You are not afraid of much, except when the dog barks. She is very, very protective over you. We all are. We love you so much! Our family feels very whole with you here.
I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us. I'm so lucky I get to be your mama!
Happy Birthday Christopher Patrick Honey Bear!
I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment