Your dad and I met 8 years ago today at our Law School Halloween Party. I made the curious decision to dress up as Britney Spears, whom you all know as that crazy lady that Mom's always dancing to and asking us if she looks like her. Dad dressed up as a Ninja Turtle, which I know you two will think is soo cool in a few years. Long story short, I offered him some Cheetos (a relevant Britney joke at the time), he asked me to dance, we talked the rest of the night. And suddenly the world felt lighter. In our silly costumes, I felt like I was talking to someone I had known before and someone I was supposed to know forever. There was a moment, I remember, where I stopped and took a deep breath because I knew my life was about to change forever, I had met my soul mate. From then on everything was good, even when it was hard, it was good because I had your Dad. I pray you will find that same love someday. Someday a long time from now. Like a really long time from now when you're 30-35 and Mommy is bugging you for grandkids. I love you little baby soul mates. I'm so glad I met your dad 8 years ago and he stuck with your silly momma :)

No comments:
Post a Comment